Friday, February 20, 2015

Random Happy Time, 12 O'Clock - Just Add Nuts!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instant_Teen:_Just_Add_Nuts
In this edition of Random Happy Time!, Tiger and Rabbit gab about the zany manga they have read, the joys of collecting, and how they accidentally got into sports manga.

**^^**

Tiger: Can you think of any really odd manga that we’ve read?

Rabbit: Instant Teen: Just Add Nuts had a bit of a crazy concept. It’s by Fukushima Haruka and it’s about this young girl who eats these weird nuts which turns her into an adult. It’s actually a pretty cute story. (●´∀`)ノ

Tiger: Metamo Kiss is another one that was kind of like that. Omote Sora did that one and it was about this boy who can switch bodies with his soul mate.

Rabbit: I’m a big fan of Sweet Rein by Tsukuba Sakura. It’s about a girl who finds out she’s a Santa Claus and meets her reindeer, Kaito. He’s a human and has to obey her because she’s his Santa.

Tiger: I’ve always liked Tsukuba. Land of the Blindfolded and Penguin Revolution were both pretty good.

Rabbit: Here’s what I don’t get, you only like watching shonen anime yet you read a lot of shojo manga, what’s up with that?

Tiger: I like shonen manga too; I just find that action stuff works better as anime than as manga. And I don’t like reading straight up shojo manga, I like the comedy types more. Kekkaishi is probably one of my favorite shonen manga, the anime was good but it was cut short. If you want the full story, you have to read the manga by Tanabe Yellow.

Rabbit: Do you remember Crimson Hero by Takanashi Mitsuba?

Tiger: Man, how could I forget? (゜▽゜;) Someone accidentally bought volume 7 for Christmas for me when I didn't even own any of the others. I couldn’t return it so I ended up buying all the other volumes just to find out that Viz wasn’t going to finish publishing the entire series. I still haven’t read it either!

Rabbit: ^laughs^

Tiger: *crosses arms* Hey, don’t laugh at me. What about Pixie Pop: Gokkun Pucho?

Rabbit: ( 」。╹o╹。)」 Oh wow, I forgot about that one. I bought volumes 1 and 3 right around the time Tokyopop went under, which I hadn’t realized at the time. I ended up having to buy volume 2 on eBay for almost $30, it was crazy! The series wasn’t even worth it.

Tiger: I still think of that one volume of Cardcaptor Sakura I have which was a reprint when Tokyopop switched to the red logo on the spine. Just the one freaking volume that has that! I’ve tried to track down a first edition of that manga but I’ve never succeeded.

Rabbit: Ooh, that sucks. Remember D.N.Angel?

Tiger: No, don’t even get me started on Sugisaki Yukiru, she can’t finish anything! D.N.Angel and Lagoon Engine are both series that she never finished. They are supposedly “ongoing” but I don’t think either one has received a new volume in years. See, this is why manga is annoying to purchase. You never know if you’ll ever be able to finish the stupid thing.

Rabbit: Aww, don’t be like that. Hey, maybe we should write one about us?

Tiger: We actually did write up a manga story called King of Freakz!!! a long time ago. Neither one of us can draw though so it went nowhere.

Rabbit: I think we could do a great manga about a dashing rabbit /(=⌒x⌒=)\ and a grumpy little kitty (=TェT=).

Tiger: Hey! o(-`д´- 。)

No comments:

Post a Comment